Tuesday, March 5, 2013

30 Day Gym Challenge...Day 1

Alright I made it back into the gym!!!!! I was going to be there for 2 hours but I got sidetracked in Barnes and Noble and GNC so I really only got a little over an hour in but I was happy with my results...sometimes I set the standards too high for myself when I am starting over at something. So I sat in the sauna reading of of 3 new books that I have purchased recently and was enjoying reading it when all of a sudden an older asian man on the floor asked me why I was not sweating, looking completely puzzled I showed him my arm which had a stagnent pool of sweat on it LOL perhaps it was the fact that I was fully clothed and he was only wearing shorts that gave the illusion that I was not in fact sweating. But trust me I could feel the sweat running down my back while I was trying to read my book. When I finally was able to find a break in the conversation and leave I went upstairs and I did my workout, It felt good to be back in the gym, I didn't do a specific workout routine per say because I need to formulate a new awesome one for myself so I just made sure to focus on each body area ie arms, legs, but, abs, back etc. lol I almost hate being so sweaty that you leave marks all over the chairs but then I love being sweaty because obviously your burning up calories.........I didn't end up doing cardio because well I started trying to read my book on the treadmill but I honestly looked like I was a drunk person bobbing and weaving side to side and then when I tried to do the eliptical it was even worse so I just got frustrated and got off because not only did the tv not work on but my phone was in my locker so I couldn't listen to music. oh well next time i'll be prepared and realize that trying to read and walk or eliptical is not an easy task especially when you have the hold the book because the holders are not wide enough for my book and not tall enough to hold the pages in place (hence the bobbing and weaving because I was trying to multitask) anyways besides that it felt great! When I got home and got out of the nice warm shower I had the i'm going to be sore tomorrow feeling and it was amazing to feel that again, I haven't felt that way in a long time!!!! It takes 4 weeks for you to see changes in your body 8 weeks for your friends to notice and  12 weeks for the world to notice so here is my challenge, go to the gym 2-3x a week whether it's cardio, a class or weights it doesn't matter as long as I go to the gym and do something there. I really want to take several classes they offer there, I took an amazing kickboxing class at LA fitness in Wilsonville and I loved it!!! i'm hoping the class at 24 hour is just as good, they also have zumba and another class called bodycombat I wanna try so I will give you all updates when I am finally able to get into one!

My new reading materials I picked up!

No comments:

Post a Comment