Monday, April 8, 2013

I'll take a gym challenge with a side of vitamins and measurements please?

Wow.... I am sore I haven't worked out that hard in a long time. It felt so good though to really push myself, when I first got off work I had the ughhh maybe I don't want to go but I was like just go and atleast start it and after I did that I ended up finishing strong, I worked out all my groups and did 30 minutes on the Eliptical which I haven't done in who knows how long. I can definitely feel that I will be sore tomorrow,  not to mention I felt like my calves were going to explode when I was doing calf raises with 90lb weights on and then doing the eliptical...I don't think I overdid it today but I guess tomorrow will tell after my day of rest and  then back at the gym on Wednesday! So in regards to my 3/30 day gym challenge this was day 1 of 3 this week and then 30 days of going to the gym (it's not a good idea to go to the gym everyday and since I do get some cardio at work cleaning beds and constanstly moving around I can skip Tuesdays and Thursdays or cardio days as they would be, not to mention I do both cardio and weights at the gym on Monday/Wednesday/Friday (well I did and  that is still the plan)
 I still feel funny when i'm at the gym like everyone is staring at me  because i'm overweight lol (I realize this isn't true because it's better that i'm in the gym trying to lose the weight then not but still I guess i'm self conscious (lol) I seriously doubt people are staring at me unless its because they are admiring my workout gear haha. Okay so anyways i've done away with calorie counting, honestly it was just too hard and not too mention some things weren't listed and it's just not as easy, I am going to be conscious of portion sizes and calories that I am putting in my mouth but i'm just not going to be strictly counting them, especially since I am back in the gym and am going to be burning an average of 300-500 calories each gym session. Last time I had my 40lb weight loss I wasn't counting calories I was just going to the gym 3-4x a week and I still pretty much ate what I wanted (well on occasion)  I think i'm just gonna do what I did last time, it worked once and it will work again. Plus I am also going to make sure I take my vitamins every morning because I can really tell a difference when I forget to take them for a day or two even.

Current Vitamin List:
Fish Oil 1240mg (2 tab)
Biotin 1000mg
Vitamin D 1000mg (2 tab)
Evening Primrose Oil 1000mg
B-12 1000mcg
B-6 100mg
Multivitamin
Vitamin C 500mg
 
Brian Likes to make fun of the fact that he keeps me medicated (lol ) he was actually the person who turned me onto taking B-6 and B-12 because I suffered from really bad emotional spurts and mood swings and I couldn't figure out why btw in case you were wondering here are the facts on B-12 (B12 helps create a stable balance of mental and emotional happiness by facilitating neurotransmitters, which the brain uses to signal mood and emotion regulators) anyways that along with B-6 really helped me kind of stable out and needless to say when I forget to take them for a couple days you can definitely tell...I just sometimes hate taking 10 vitamins a day (not to mention my bc that I also have to take.) So yeah a total of 11 pills a day I take, i'm getting better at taking them with water but before I would only take them with juice or milk but unfortunately i've had some bad experiences with milk and it ends up going all over myself and my bed because a pill gets stuck and then decides it wants to go up not down!!

So i've also decided to start recording my measurements every week so that I can really see the difference on paper and not just on the scale so for Week 1 here are my measurements and weight:
Chest 39"
Rt Arm 12 1/4"
Left Arm 12 1/4"
Rt Leg 23"
Lt Leg 23"
Stomach 40"
Hips 44"
Rt Calf 16 1/2"
Lt Calf 16"
Weight 176.6
 
 
I find myself toggling between 175 and 177 granted each day is totally different but now that I have my schedule somewhat steadied this means I can have my eating habits and gym workouts steady too!!! Ha ha I do regret saying I want to feel sore because now I do and i'm like ugh I have to work tomorrow?? LOL oh well stay tuned~!


No comments:

Post a Comment