Sunday, July 21, 2013

Ready.....Set.....Hike!

So today was my first hike, Brian took me and our friend Mitch up to Multnomah Falls, while it was a gorgeous hike it was also scary for me, for those of you who don't know me or maybe some of you who do know me and don't know this, I am severely afraid of heights, we are talking panic and tears people. Now some of you might be a little suprised at this due to the fact that I have jumped off a 50ft bridge into the reservoir below AND skydived. Perhaps because on those occasions I was somewhat safe whether it was because I was strapped to a professional while skydiving or jumping into a large body of water idk but for some reason when I climb tall heights and have no safety aka a barricade or fence or some sort I start to freak out, and today was no different, not only was the paved trail very uneven and falling apart there were tons upon tons of people coming down and going up and keep in mind the trail is not very wide and in some parts its considerably steep. But I made it to the top of the 600ft waterfall, we had originally planned to do the entire 5.4m loop but after finding out that it went up 1000 more ft we decided not to do it, not to mention by the time we actually got all the way back down and left it was already after 5pm and it was an hour drive home. I am truly exhausted that was pretty much the longest calve workout I have ever done so far lol but i'm sure my body will thank me after it gets over the pure shock of what I did to it today. Well only a few more days until Hawaii and I haven't even started packing eek!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment