Sunday, July 7, 2013

Runner's high

I can finally say that I'm a runner, I have a love/hate relationship with it I hate it while I'm doing it but I love the feeling after doing it, the first week I actually started doing it I was hooked, I sadly did miss out this week because of a shoulder injury but I'm jumping back in the saddle tomorrow. My first week I logged a little over 14 miles, this last week I only logged 3.19 but again Injury kind of put me out of the game. However I am going to hit 20 miles this week and since I'm doing the 50milesinjuly challenge I need to get back up to speed if I'm going to get it done! I haven't noticed a difference on the scale sadly but I've noticed I've lost an inch around my waist which makes me happy, I've decided to scale back my gym/weights to 2 days a week and focus on cardio 3/5 days a week simply because I've noticed I gain muscle really easily and although I'm lucky once I gain it I don't lose it but its bulky muscle not lean muscle like I want, it may sound vain but my ultimate self goal is to fit into a bandage dress and look good. I also would LOVE to be able to tuck my jeans into a pair of boots and be able to zip up the zipper (very muscular calves) anyways back to the point here. I think I'm finally getting the whole running thing down I definitely need to work on my breathing although Brian's been trying to give me some tips like chewing gum or listening to music to help me push myself harder. I always feel like when in listening to a good song I can go harder and faster not to mention when I'm using my Nike running app hearing the cheers from my friends via Facebook it's a nice motivator the problem is finding more people to run with! I love running with Brian but he's not always available :( anyways I can feel a difference even if I can't see it, Brian says he can see a difference win my stomach but I really just want my stomach, hips and lower arm flab gone, I love my legs minus the little cellulite on the back of my legs and I love the top of my arms but if I could just focus on those spots it would be great but we all know that there is no such thing as spot training! Well I'll give another update after this week! Wish me luck on 20 miles this week :)

No comments:

Post a Comment