Thursday, July 18, 2013

Ohhhh....Now I get it

So i'll admit i've been a little perplexed as to why I haven't even really lost ANY weight i've toggled between 182-184 for several weeks now and last night I had a "hand to head" moment. So yes i've been drinking soda so I know thats one reason, but another reason I hadn't really thought of besides that was sodium, in an effort to reduce my soda intake and increase hydration (sorry i'm not a fish I have to force myself to drink water unless its like ice cold and then I guzzle it down) I have been drinking bottles upon bottles of Rain Berry G2 Gatorade (omgsh so delish) thinking that I am doing really well by drinking that instead...um wrong...my little 80 calorie drink is more like 200 calories because lets face it, you finish that bottle of gatorade you don't pour it in a glass and drink the recommended serving size. Well not only is there that little miscommunication I also have found out that each serving has 160mg of sodium! Yes so I am literally drinking 400mg of sodium on top of the sodium that I get from my everyday foods !!!! So there is my extra weight...its water. I'm actually considering taking the water weight loss suppliment after realizing this last night, now do I recommend this for someone else? No but i'm curious to see just how much water I am holding onto because of the fact i've been downing so much gatorade and essentially overloading on electrolytes when i'm not even working out or losing enough of them to need that amount of gatorade. There is less sodium in a 20oz sprite then there is in gatorade! I am dumbfounded by that and the fact that the Sprite is one serving where the gatorade is 2.5 and only 12oz bigger than the bottle of Sprite... Well anyways thats my thoughts for the day, I will let you guys know how the big water weightloss theory plays out, I wish I could just do a fitwrap at work but plain and simple I can't afford it right now so this is the next best thing!!! I'm also thinking a few sauna sessions at my gym will come in handy, Since tomorrow is my last day at work for 2 weeks I definitely have time to do it. Stay tuned for an update !!

No comments:

Post a Comment