Tuesday, August 20, 2013

The Perfect 10 Diet...Day 2

Alright so Day 2 is drawing to a close, If it takes 21 days to break a habit then I know the worse is yet to come but I can do it. Todays meals were about the same (btw I cannot wait to go grocery shopping tomorrow! I won't be spending a ton but i'll be able to get some basic essentials so i'm excited) Breakfast consisted of my trusty whole wheat honey nut o's with whole milk, lunch consisted of edamame (which is basically the only type of soy you can have because of the fact that it's not as processed as other types of soy such as tofu and temeph) and celery with peanut butter which I used very minimally as it's not part of the perfect 10 diet (but since I need protein well that was my option) I skipped the optional midmorning and midafternoon snack because right now i'm in sedentary. And for dinner I opted for grilled chicken tenders with my favorite seasoning and a fistful of pasta (unfortunately not whole grain as well) with a tablespoon of ragu. So far today i've had 3 8oz glasses of water. I'm slowly trying to increase my intake of water but i'm trying a different technique, in the past I would just chug water quickly to reach my daily goal but after doing so I would literally have to pee like every 10 minutes. So my plan is to increase my water intake by a glass a day so essentially in a few more days i'll be up to 8 glasses a day and it will be a lot easier, i've thought about dressing up my water with limes and other fruits but I haven't had the chance yet without the obvious groceries (ha ha) But I will definitely be loading up on fruits and veggies so that I can satisfy my sweet tooth without sidelining my diet. This book has been so eye opening in so many different ways and i'm so excited to see the results!!! I took my measurements yesterday and i'm just sticking with the basics right now until I can get back into the gym and then I will take more measurements. I'm ready, its not easy this diet is definitely not a cake walk but i'm sticking with it. It's hard going from one way of life and thinking that you are eating healthy and essentially getting a slap in the face and telling you that you are doing it all wrong. Low fat/Low carb is wrong High fat/Low carb is wrong, granted I never liked diet soda minus Diet Dr. Pepper so that wasn't a shocker at all but the fact that soybean oil is cancer causing?? And its in EVERYTHING???? I never really used to look at the ingredients, I looked at the calories and the fats but never the ingredients....I love the fact that this book breaks everything down and it's convenient even down to shopping lists and recipes...once your past the 3 week mark essentially it's everything in moderation and just eating clean and avoiding processed food and enjoying things like butter and full fat cottage cheese and cheese and lobster (omg I love lobster) and shrimp and all the good things in life that you are told to avoid. This has had not only an effect on me but an effect on those around me, Brian is now taking things from this book and putting them into action, for once I am informing him of new things and stuff he didn't know about processed foods etc whereas in the past he was always telling me. Now you might be asking well do you feel hungry?? Yes and no, right now because I don't have all the necessary ingredients I can't really have the portions that I would have according to the book. So right now I feel hungry in between lunch and dinner but instead of reaching for a snack I just drink some water and it tames the hunger, I will get used to the regime that is outlined in the book in time. about an hour ago I was craving a chocolate bar so bad and truth be told I know where a couple are but i'm not going to touch them. Yesterday I forgot to mention that I had some and even though it didn't really derail me because I am allowed to induldge here and there and I definitely didn't feel guilty after I did it because I did stop myself but I know it'll definitely be easier when I have sweet fruits in the house that I can eat should I have a sugar/chocolate craving. So you might be asking whats different, well truth be told this is for me. I'm not getting any younger and I when Brian and I get married someday and go on our honeymoon or when we go on our next trip to Hawaii I want to wear my bikini without covering up, I want to be able to wear a skirt without my thighs rubbing together which if any of you have experienced that its horrible because you get a really bad rash that hurts :( I also want to buy that bandage dress and wear it with confidence, I want to wear the wedding dress that I want not settle for something so that I can hide my body. It's so funny how motivation comes about, its like you see something and one day a lightbulb goes off in your head....and it all makes sense, a plan is formed and you take action. It's that simple and thats how this is going to be....simple and uncomplicated, eat less processed food, get my hormones in order and lose weight, hit the gym so that I can tone up and feel proud. Well thats all for tonight, tomorrow I go back to work so I will probably have to have a snack but we will see how the day goes. Stay tuned!
 
 
Hips: 45"
Waist: 39"
Chest: 40"

1 comment:

  1. Reading some of your recent posts,great job getting back at your routine and goals! Even when you aren't super active at work, still eat every 2 1/2-3 hours yo keep your metabolism and blood sugar levels regulated! We STILL need to hook up ond day! Hopefully soon, Sabrina C.

    ReplyDelete