Monday, August 19, 2013

Day 1

Okay so I've pretty much finished reading "The perfect 10 diet" and I have to say I love it, it's simplified and every question that popped into my head was answered, the first 3 weeks are going to be the toughest ESPECIALLY since I can't clean out the pantry and I have absolutely no money to buy groceries, it does look like I will be able to buy some later this week so in the mean time I'm trying to stick to it closely as possible. Stage 1 is a Paleolithic diet I can only have vegetables, fruits, poultry, seafood, beans, nuts and seeds. While grains are introduced back into my diet in stage two. Anyways so I eat 3 meals a day tapering off as I go, ie large breakfast, medium lunch and small dinner. I also have the option of 2 snacks which I will add in once I get back into the gym. So since I don't have a ton of groceries today was interesting, thankfully Brian scoured the health food stores and found me the healthiest alternative of honey nut Cheerios at Whole Foods, it's really yummy and as closed to unprocessed as you can get! No high fructose corn syrup or any nasty ingredients and when it's mixed with some organic whole milk well it's a treat that wont push me off my path :) so that was breakfast for lunch I had some celery with peanut butter and chips and salsa, (heathly chips!) again tortilla chips and the peanut butter aren't part of the diet but im scrounging here and it's definitely better than most of the stuff we have left in the refrigerator since I just threw 2 trash bags full of nasty stuff out. Anyways onto dinner, I had celery with peanut butter again and a slice of grilled chicken with some yummy seasoning I got from penzy's spices in clackamas. Tomorrow will be interesting, going to try to mix things up but I can't wait til Wednesday when I can stock my fridge up with organic produce and hormone free meat, it'll be more $$$ but so worth it in the long run!

No comments:

Post a Comment