Friday, November 25, 2016

Join the resistance......

So today's leg workout focused almost completely on resistance bands, I am always trying to change up my routines and keep my muscles guessing. Well today I just did that, the last time my legs were this sore was when I was training with Travis. I personally love resistance bands because there are literally so many exercises you can do with them. One I personally love/hate is the side steps with the resistance band, my trainer Travis first turned me onto this exercise and I tell you what I LOVE IT!!!! My thighs burn every time I do it. And since it's been awhile they were definitely burning today. I usually try to do at least 3 sets of 5 different exercises per muscle group. Today however I managed to do 3 sets of 9 different exercises. and aside from 4 machine based ones and 1 TRX based one the rest were resistance band based.






On top of switching up my leg routine I was proud of my self for setting two new PR's, I leg pressed 505lbs for 8 reps and I hamstring curled 110lbs for 12 reps. This accomplishment comes almost 6 months after my car accident, which caused me to not be able to workout for 2 months. I am still trying to get back to where I was pre-accident but it seems that things would get in the way. Either money wasn't there, gas wasn't there or motivation wasn't there. But now that I am working again and healed from my accident I feel like I can get back to being as dedicated as I was pre-accident which at one point consisted of me only missing 2 days out of 30 (1) days in the gym. (yes I know a bit obsessive lol)


Anyways like I was saying one of the great things about resistance bands is the fact that you can easily switch up your exercises as well as make them harder with just the switch of a band. When I bought my bands I made sure to get a variety pack. as in Light, Medium, Heavy and Extra Heavy. That way depending on how i'm feeling and what exercise i'm doing I can always add or take away resistance. And they aren't just for your legs,  you can use them on your upper body as well. Another plus? They aren't expensive. I paid $6 and free shipping for mine on eBay and they came with a free bag to carry them in. Even if you don't have a gym membership they are a great tool for at home workouts too, Pinterest and Instagram are literally FULL of at home workouts with resistance bands so don't think you can use that as an excuse, oh and double plus bonus? Mine came with a workout guide AS WELL!!!!! Boom......... Well i'm about to go take an ice bath to try to numb the pain and soreness in my legs so until next time!










2 comments: