Monday, October 24, 2016

If you don't want to keep starting over...quit giving up.....

Okay, i'm officially so excited to be back on my blog, I've literally been locked out of it for months (long story) but anyways i'm back!!!!!




So 2016 has been a rough year.....well actually rough is a nice term, 2016 has literally knocked me down and repeatedly kicked me while I was on the ground. In my previous post I talked about how I fractured my collarbone at the gym but that I was still going there and just not working my upper body.. and I definitely got some interesting looks while working out in a sling (haha)


Anyways...so  after it healed I really threw myself into the gym, I was going 6-7 days a week 2 hours a day, and on my days off I was there for 5 hours (yes I know a bit obsessive but its like a drug) I was losing weight, gaining muscle and really starting to see progress finally, I even hooked up with my friend and amazing personal trainer Travis Cornell and with his help was managing my diet extremely well. All was looking bright......Until May 7th 2016, I was leaving the gym and got rear ended. I ended up aggravating the bulging discs in my neck (a reason I cannot do normal barbell squats anymore) and suffering from some pretty bad upper back pain. I couldn't work or workout for 2 months....so you can imagine the struggle that is for someone who is used to being in the gym 7 days a week. So I know you are thinking, well you can still keep to the diet and you'll get it all back when you are able to. But not so fast, pain meds and I do not mix, they decrease my appetite while one them and then once they wear off i'm like a starving raccoon digging through the trashcan for anything I can sink my teeth into.


So you can imagine what happened... my weight ballooned back up, I lost significant strength, motivation and drive. After the first month I was begging my therapist to allow me to workout, do cardio something...they allowed me to try to do lower body exercises but I could only do the bare minimum, then they allowed me to do cardio BUT I couldn't do it at an incline and I couldn't go the normal speeds I was used to (5% incline at speeds upward of 3.8-3.9 for 30 minutes plus) I felt like I was going to explode going to the gym and only being able to do cardio or light lower body exercises, I mean this is the girl who leg presses almost 500lbs so only being able to do 90lbs was agony......


So during this time the insurance company decided to total my car which was stressful because I although I would get compensated for my car I knew I wouldn't be able to get another car like mine and I would really need to get a reliable car but I don't have the best credit so financing was out of the question I felt, but I was wrong, I randomly decided to apply for a loan and surprisingly enough I was actually approved AND for a car I actually wanted!!!! So I get a new car, and THEN I get a new job! a great job working as an office manager with great pay and great hours, I think June is going to be my month, new job, new car, new guy?? (lol) But like I said 2016 has been awful so you can imagine what happens.... I have to leave my job due to an extremely unsafe work environment (like to the point I had to file a police report, I won't go into too many details but yeah) so during the time I was at my job I was working 2x a week with my personal trainer on top of going to the gym alone and re-managing my diet. But then like I said I had to leave my job so there goes the personal trainer and the diet management.


Now I know what you are thinking, is there a light at the end of this tunnel??? I assure you there is, Although the job did not last, haha there is no new guy and i'm not able to afford diet management and personal training, I am back in the gym and almost completely back up to the previous weight amount I was training with before the car accident, the weight is coming back off and I've even been approached by a few friends for tips and tricks.........I don't have a new job yet but it looks as if 2016 is the year that is going to make 2017 seem like a gigantic blessing... Things happen that we cannot control but it is the truth....if you don't want to start over don't give up, I didn't give up and although I felt like I had to start over in some areas its amazing once you get back into it how much muscle memory the body actually has!!


Out with the old.....RIP Fluffy

and in with the new....Daisy Duck..

9 comments:

  1. Wow you have had quite the year. I can only imagine how frustrating it has all been. Positive thoughts for 2017! Good for you for not giving up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, what a year you have had, glad you stuck in there and its getting better, all the best hun

    ReplyDelete
  3. Talk about being on a roller coaster. Happy everything is working out and never stop or quit is the key.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow yo have had one hell of year. Kudos to you for not letting kick your ass! Glad everything has turned out well for you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a summary, so sorry about your accident, they can be so terrible. I had my car declared totaled before, you don't always get the money you need! Keep up the good work :)
    xx nicole
    www.nicoleparise.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my goodness! What a lot to have to deal with—but what wonderful advice. Don't quit because there will always be reasons to quit, just don't let them become more important than the reasons to keep going!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow... what a lot to deal with in one year! I'm glad you're doing better now and welcome back to blogging too :) Your journey this year is inspiring... many of us with much less to deal with need to follow your example and not let things stop us from achieving our goals!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Goodness that is quite a year! Big hugs for you! 2016 has definitely not been my favorite year so far, but it just makes me feel hopeful for 2017! - Erin at www.stayathomeyogi.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow! I'm glad things are beginning to move forward for you now! XOXO

    ReplyDelete