Saturday, February 17, 2018

Whirlwind........

Whirlwind is the best title I could give this post......It's been almost a year since I even posted on my blog and I feel awful for being such a slacker...... In that time I have had 2 separate surgeries, (my appendix was removed finally in June) and in December I had my knee cartilage shaved down again in my Right knee. I also started a new job in August. I also broke my thumb in September... (broken bone number 2!) So now you can see why the title of this post is so appropriate.




Between the two surgeries and broken thumb I missed a total of 4 months in the gym, as you can imagine this caused quite a setback for me. Not only did I miss the gym because of those but I went from a job where I barely took 1000 steps in a shift working 4 days a week to going to a new job where I average and yes I said AVERAGE 5,289 steps a day, it's funny last night I was looking at my weekly summary on my Apple Watch (btw if you don't have one I HIGHLY recommend getting one if you have an IPhone, it's been a life saver) and this week alone in a 5 day period I took 34,447 steps  and went a total distance of 17.62 just at work, (side note: I only wear my watch during work, although I finally did wear it during my workout last night) average calories burned per day was 504 and the total calories for the week was 2,514.




Now as much as I love my watch I've noticed that between my watch activity app and my health app the steps/miles/stairs don't always sync up. Now it can be for several reasons I don't think my watch counts going down the stairs where my phone may? Now I expect my phone to have more steps than my watch just because I take it off when I workout but I always have my phone on me. Anyways I'm getting off topic here. The point is I've had quite a few setbacks on my journey to weight loss but not once did I say you know what I'm just going to give up........What's the point? another setback, another month off, another broken bone, another long shift, sure I have days where I decide to not go to the gym and head home to get some mental rest, it's all a part of being human. So if you are reading this and you've slacked on your diet or slacked in the gym whether it be from mental exhaustion, physical exhaustion or injury just know that it's okay to not be perfect and to have some time off. Just don't quit.......

3 comments:

  1. Wow, it sounds like you had quite the year! I can see why you feel like a whirlwind has gone through your life. Hopefully, being more active at work will be a positive. And maybe you'll feel inspired to blog more :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Always get back up and go again! That's the secret to life no matter what the subject... weight loss or anything else.
    Wish you a healthy year in 2018!
    :) gwingal

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! From the sounds of things you've definitely been in a whirlwind but it sounds like you have your focus and are well on your way to getting back in the routine of things.

    ReplyDelete